Meet Prof. Raphael Semiat, global water pioneer and new Dean of the Wolfson Faculty of Chemical Engineering.Prof. Semiat's pioneering water research has covered the following areas:
|Prof. Raphael Semiat, new Dean of the Wolfson Faculty of Cheimcal Engineering.|
- Water Technology
- Desalination using evaporation and membrane processes. Problems of membranes fouling, pre and post treatment. Uses of membranes for water quality problems and waste treatment. Enhanced recovery with concentrate treatment.
- Separation Processes
- Membrane processes. Crystallization. Nano crystallization. Use of nano crystals for removal of organic matter from water. Modeling of liquid-liquid settlers. Improvement of extraction columns. Mechanisms of heat transfer enhancement.
- Optical measurements techniques
- Use of Laser Doppler Velocimetry for two phase-flow. Development of Laser Grating Velocimetry technique for relatively large particles. Study of drops motion in printing heads. Shear induced migration in concentrated slurries.
- Industrial Project
- Desalination. Concentrate treatment. Water treatments. Double falling film evaporator for solution concentration. Crystallization of aluminum chloride.